Cabo Chapel Fort : Goa Directory

 

Official Home Of The Governor Of Goa

Cabo Fort was built in 1540 A.D. on the south headland of the river Mandovi in Goa. The word Cabo literally means cape in Portuguese. The Cabo Chapel in the modern times is also known as the Cabo Fort, Cabo Palace, Cabo Raj Niwas and even Raj Bhavan.

The Cabo Fort was initially the home of the Franciscan monastery, that later turned into the official residence of the Governor of Goa. A small Chapel is constructed at the end of the fortress. This is dedicated to the virgin lady of The cape (Nossa Senhora do Cabo). This served as a landmark for the seafarers in the ancient days.

The Cabo Palace is now known as the Raj Bahavan, the official residence of the Governor of Goa. Bohemian Chandeliers, Chinese porcelain, silver and wooden furniture are extensively used for ornamentation of the place. The area in the Raj Bahvan that is used for the swearing ceremonies and other official occasions is called as the Darbar Hall.

The Cabo Chapel Fort in the beach paradise is a place that is not to be missed when in Goa.

Goa Directory Help Desk for making better communityPlease feel free to write us for giving your any valuable suggestion / feedback / comments etc to improve Goa Directory for the community.

Tag Clouds : Cabo Chapel Fort,Goa Cabo Chapel Fort,Goa raj bhavan,Cabo fort,cabo palace,Goa cabo raj niwas, Goa Travel guide , Goa Tourist information, Goa tours, Goa hotels,travel and holidays  Goa India

Cabo Chapel Fort : Goa Directory
 
 

See Also